Thursday, June 18, 2015

the never ending move

Our UHaul Pod arrived yesterday.
Three trips with two cars emptied it.

And now, in our 600 sq ft apartment, we are playing 'Tetris Totes'.

It's crazy.

But I love seeing my Morris chair here. I love that the quilt my Mom made for me (old school, completely hand stitched) is here. My rugs look fabulous on the refinished floors. My Gram's cedar chest belongs at the foot of my bed & it made me really happy to look inside and see Rabbit (I did not give my stuffed pets crazy names) & all of the ridiculous doll clothes that I sewed for my favorite Doll (yes. Her name was Doll).

And I love that what we left behind will fill my son's home.

And as organized as we thought we were? We forgot the silver, inadvertantly stole Mike's brother's toaster (we thought it was ours), brought too many plates (entirely me...I am always ready for an impromptu dinner party), packed too many linens (me again-lawn party), and brought too many clothes, which I cannot figure out since Mike & I wear the same 5 pieces of clothing (we each have our own 5. we do not share) over and over again.

I have no idea of where we will go from here.
I get lost just walking around the block. (I am not making that up. It drives Mike CRAZY!)
But really, I am kind of happy getting lost.

And I love that my really special pieces (once I get them organized) will welcome me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment